Monday, May 7, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Review & Swatches

I went to Wal-Mart the the other day and almost missed out on a brand new nail polish by Maybelline. In fact, I quickly browsed through the cosmetic isles and made a b-line for the nail section... totally bypassed the Maybelline section because I figured they had nothing new, wrong! So, I grabbed a couple of polishes including one I was iffy about, so I decided to think about that one as I continued with the rest of my shopping. Something compelled me to go back to the cosmetic section and I'm so glad I did! Before I got to the nail section I caught a glimpse the new Maybelline Color Show polishes from the corner of my eye. I grabbed nine to start out with... the colors (in order) are: Bold Gold, Fierce N Tangy, Go Go Green, Green With Envy, Iced Queen, Orange Fix, Pink Shock, Sapphire Siren, and Sweet Clementine. Here they are:

 Bold Gold
Fierce N Tangy
Go Go Green
Green With Envy
Iced Queen
Orange Fix
Pink Shock
Sapphire Siren
Sweet Clementine

I have to say that Green With Envy is my absolute favorite out of all of these. In fact, it is the most vibrant green that I own. Sapphire Siren comes in a close second because it is such a rich blue and so unique. All of the colors shown above were applied with two coats to reach opacity. It does take a while for them to dry though, especially with two thick coats... I'd say about a good ten minutes to be safe. I loved how vivid Fierce N Tangy, Iced Queen, Go Go Green and Sweet Clementine were... really great colors! Fierce N Tangy was a little streaky but not nearly as much as some other yellow polishes I own. However, Pink Shock was a bit underwhelming and doesn't match the shade as shown in the bottle. I tried to capture the color as accurately as possible but it looks red in the pic when it's more of a hot pink. I have much better shades of pink and would have passed on this one. Orange Fix was also a bit of a disappointment and I did not care for the look of it once it dried on my nails...  just not impressed with that one either. Bold Gold is actually my first gold polish and I could have gotten away with one coat of this one. The gold is a very rich and easy to apply.
Overall, I really like Maybelline Color Show polishes and, most likely, I will be heading back to my local Wal-Mart to grab some more. Have you guys tried these yet? What do you think of them? Find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fiercenails

1 comment:

  1. I've hot heard of these either, but that Iced Queen looks great, and so unique. I've always wanted a mid-range lilac purple that wasn't full of glitter!

    ReplyDelete